Western-influenced fashion goes beyond denim and plaid this fall. With booties, leather, and desert hues, the frontier takes a new shape in this season’s styles. Skirts reminiscent of the prairie, sweaters with Native American-inspired prints, and cowboy-like colored denim take center stage as a fresh interpretation of the Wild West emerges. Here are three must-haves to add this trend to any outfit.
Layer up in blanket sweaters with a Western feel. This cozy trend is the perfect fusion of slouchy and chic. Pick a patchwork-like print or geometric, tribal pattern to warm up a fall dress or pair of leggings.
(from left to right)
- Vince Colorblock Blanket Sweater | $395 | Nordstrom
- Staring at Stars Cardigan | $69 | Urban Outfitters
- Pattern Long Buttondown Sweater | $198 | Free People
Saddle up with steel-toed, snake-print, and suede booties. Subtle wood-stacked heels make these boots the perfect addition to colored jeans, maxi skirts, or practically any fall ensemble.
(clockwise from left)
- Indigo by Clarks ‘Heather Harrier’ | $139.95 | Nordstrom
- Sam Edelman ‘Petty’ | $189.95 | Nordstrom
- ‘Wynonna’ | $188 | Anthropologie
- Ecote Metal ‘Chelsea’ | $69 | Urban Outfitters
Classic blue jeans are getting kicked out of the bottom half of your wardrobe and being worn on top. Taking their place are pants with a pop of print and color. Pair a denim shirt with shades from the sunset, like rich red and desert rose pink.
- Western Denim Shirt | $98 | J.Crew
- BDG Jeans | $58-$78 | Urban Outfitters