The closest tropical destination to Seattle.
Located on a 44-acre private island with a mile of sandy Marina Bay beach, Paradise Point Resort & Spa is a gorgeous beach getaway. Located under seven miles from downtown San Diego, there are plenty of amenities, including 5 pools, dining options, and an expansive spa. The setting is island-inspired and tropical, with various beach resort amenities.
The 462-room bungalow-style resort is an ideal destination and retreat with lush gardens, lagoons and beaches. Among the resort’s various amenities are a luxurious island-themed spa, an 18-hole putting golf course, private marina, beach bonfire pits, and five dining venues including two waterfront restaurants.It’s secluded and quiet, yet centrally located from popular tourist attractions and downtown. San Diego weather averages 70 degrees and sunny year round (up to 80 through November), so you’ll definitely get a dose of Vitamin D to get through the grey Seattle winters.
If you book by 10/28, you will get 20% off stays through April 2017. For more information or to book your stay, visit: http://www.paradisepoint.com/packages/countdown-to-winter-in-san-diego
Here are some of our favorite places during our weekend getaway:
// Do //
- Liberty Public Market where you can sip, taste, and browse at this artisan marketplace, open seven days a week. From coffee to baked goods, local flowers, produce, meat, and seafood, there is so much to choose from.
- If you like Seattle-based stores Moorea Seal or Glasswing, you’ll love Pigment. It’s adorable and located in a hip part of town, North Park. It’s filled with cute stationary, gifts, and home decor. They have a wide selection of succulents and air plants, as well as a build-your-own workspace to create your own living terrarium.
- Acai bowls, juices, and shots make the perfect breakfast before hitting the beach. Juice Wave on Mission Beach sources local, sustainable, and organic ingredients. An acai bowl + 12oz juice combo is a deal for $15.
- Lunch at Little Lion, a cute hole-in-the-wall offers healthy and satisfying options like baked eggs, superfood bowls, and smoothies. After, take a stroll along Sunset Cliffs.
// Don’t //
- Forget to bring shorts, sunscreen, and swimwear to enjoy the watersports. A short walk from your bungalow will bring you to the marina dock where you can rent a paddle board, boat, or jet ski. There are are also five pools and hot tubs at the resort.
- Miss the PAVARAGA Hawaiian Espresso Bar, specializing in craft cold brew coffee. It’s less than a 10-minute drive from Paradise Point. You can sample before you order (they’ll give you a tasting if you have time). Definitely add the coconut (haupia) sweetener that they make in-house.