Take a cue from Mad Men and let ladylike pieces inspire what you wear while working–or playing–this fall.
Our autumnal favorites balance granny chic with a facade fit for a lady. Incorporate blouses, gloves, and dresses with delicate shapes for a 60s-tinged look that seeps with sophistication.
Accessorize with touches of fur, a dash of cat eye, and leather gloves that are as dainty as they are practical. These lovely additions will glamorously complement your uptown look, while unquestionably becoming your favorite, functional go-tos on chilly days.
- Parkhurst Faux Fur Trim Ruana | $98 | Nordstrom
- Sunglasses | $15 | H&M
- Leopard gloves | $80 | Banana Republic
All Tied Up
You can dress it up or dress it down, but however you wear it, fall’s tieneck trend is a no-brainer for most any occasion. Pair your blouse with a to-the-knee skirt and wear it to work, or try it with cigarette jeans and patent flats for a casual ensemble that can take you from running errands to lunch downtown and straight into the evening.
- Bellatrix Mix Print Tie Shirt | $78 | Nordstrom
- Sheer Tie Collar Button Up | $22 | Forever 21
- Dotted Tieneck Blouse | $138 |Anthropologie
Sheaths and Shifts
Try sheaths, shifts, and party dresses with feminine shapes and exquisite textures. This season’s winter white trend makes it just fine to dress in lighter hues after Labor Day. So pick vintage-inspired silhouettes, pale tones, and fresh materials like organza and lace.
- Lasercut Sheath | $228 | Anthropologie
- Topshop Organza Dress | Nordstrom
- Mariposa Lace Dress | $248 | Anthropologie