Cider Summit Seattle advance purchase tickets are now on sale! For a limited time, general admission tickets are $30 online. The seventh annual event will be held Friday and Saturday, September 9-10 at the South Lake Union Discovery Center Lawn. Cider Summit Seattle celebrates local, regional and international artisanal ciders and cidermakers, including dozens from the Pacific Northwest and ciders from at least five states and five countries.
Cidermakers and importers will be on hand to inform and guide guests through the tastings poured into the commemorative festival glassware. Several of the cidermakers will be participating in the second annual Oregon Fruit Products Fruit Cider Challenge. These cidermakers will create pilot batch fruit ciders using Oregon Fruit Product’s puree and the attendees will vote on their favorites. Winners will be announced at the conclusion of the event on Saturday.
// Event Info //
- When: Friday – Saturday, September 9-10
- Friday, September 9th 3pm – 8pm (VIP Session at 2pm, last pour: 7:45)
- Saturday, September 10th Noon – 5pm (last pour: 4:45).
- Where: SLU Discovery Center Lawn / 101 Westlake Ave. N
The event will also feature specially paired food selections that will be available for purchase from vendors including Whole Foods Market, Capitol Cider and other small bites. There will be a “Dog Lounge” hosted by Seattle Humane which will provide dogs and owners an opportunity to refresh and socialize. This year’s event will also feature a range of cider cocktails and special appearances and music programming from KEXP.
“This is a milestone event for us,” noted event co-founder, Alan Shapiro. “This will be the 20th festival we’ve produced in our series across four cities. It all started in Seattle in 2010 with a small gathering of cider lovers. We look forward to welcoming both the area’s cider lovers and cider curious to our most diverse selection of ciders ever for our 7th annual in our hometown.”
// Tickets //
- General admission advance purchase tickets are now on sale for $30 exclusively online at https://cidersummit.boldtypetickets.com/
- Beginning August 1, general admission tickets will be $35 in advance online or at selected event sponsor locations (Whole Foods locations in the region) and $40 at the door.
- VIP tickets are available for $45, exclusively online, and include four extra tasting tickets and exclusive early access to the event between 2:00 – 3:00 pm on Friday.
- Designated driver tickets will be available for $5 at the door only and include a bottle of water.
- This event is strictly 21 & over.
Cider Summit is committed to working with several community and non-profit organizations. This year’s event beneficiaries include The Institute for Myeloma & Bone Cancer Research, Northwest Cider Association, and Seattle Humane.
Cider Summit Seattle | September 9-10, 2016