Razor clam season is back and the team at Iron Springs Resort is here to assist in your clamming adventures. Whether you’re a newbie to the ways of these speedy bivalves or you’re looking to refresh your skills, Iron Springs’ Guided Clam Digs will have you noshing on clams from the comfort of your cabin in no time. The resort is situated on the stunning beach front cliffs along the Pacific Northwest Coast in Copalis Beach, Washington (approximately a 2 1/2 hour drive from Seattle).
Iron Springs Resort is comprised of 25 unique and private cabins, each designed to offer unparalleled ocean views and beach access. The resort is carefully positioned on more than 100 acres of coastal woodland, where trees and shrubbery provide natural boundaries between cabins, making it feel like your own private beach house! The resort is the perfect getaway for a romantic weekend for two, fun adventure time for families, or a group of friends. It’s also dog-friendly, so bring along your four-legged friends.
For $50 per adult and $25 per child, plus the cost of clamming license and nightly cabin rates (starting at $219), the package includes:
- A small group guided tour (up to four people per dig) hosted by Iron Springs staff
- Official clam digging license, available in the General Store at check in
- Digging essentials for use while at the resort – clam guns, shovels, clam bags, lanterns and headlamps
- Wine or hot cocoa, upon return from the beach
- Clam cleaning tutorial and tools at the Iron Springs clam cleaning station
- Bottle of white wine and sautéed razor clam recipe to prepare dinner in your cabin
This package is based on the availability of guides and the official 2016 recreational razor clam season dates, which are tentatively scheduled at Mocrocks Beach for October 14-16, November 17-19, December 10-11, and December 30-31.
To book the clam digging package, call 1.800.380.7950 and specify the number of guests interested in the guided dig. The guided dig must be scheduled at the time an overnight reservation is made and cannot be added to pre-existing reservations. Overnight accommodations are not included in the guided dig price; cabin rates start at $219/night depending on season and specific cabin. Adult clamming licenses range between $9.70-14.10; kids 14 and under are free.
Photos by Iron Spring Resort.