I love cooking at home, but I don’t always have the time or energy to menu prep and go to the grocery store. Meal kits to the rescue! After comparing the offerings of Plated, HelloFresh, and Blue Apron, I decided to try Sun Basket because of their creative recipes, organic ingredients, and vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo options.
Our order arrived on a Monday and each dish took between 30 – 45 minutes to cook. They have many different cuisines represented on their menu. In our three orders, our favorites have been the Thai Turkey Salad, Burmese Chicken Aloo Curry, Mediterranean Tomato-Braised Cod, and Steak Salad with Romesco Viniagrette.
- All ingredients are grouped into one paper sack (some companies have all produce and dry ingredients together and you have to sort through all of it for each recipe).
- 100% of their packaging is recyclable and compostable.
- The instructions are easy to follow and the recipes are generally simple.
- Orders only arrive on Monday through Wednesday.
- There are some weeks where we don’t see 2-3 dishes we want to try.
- There are some dishes we would order again, but they haven’t come back in the rotation and we don’t know when they will be back.
- For 2 recipes per week, the total is $58.95 ($12.99/serving)
- The default of 3 recipes per week is $78.93 with shipping ($11.99/serving)
- For 4 recipes per week, it’s $94.91 ($10.99/serving)
Overall, we’ve been satisfied with Sun Basket as an option for home-cooked meals when we don’t have time to menu prep and shop.
Save $35 on your first order of Sun Basket here.