It is most definitely a September of many silver linings. Through the pandemic, local businesses have been innovative in their offerings, and in turn, are inspiring individuals to be creative. Whether it’s people finding their inner chefs, giving themselves a fashion makeover, or embracing their newly-found green thumbs, these last few months have seen limitless creativity and ingenuity.
In true 2020 fashion, Pacific Place has adapted its annual fall style celebration to meet customers at home with a line-up of interactive, online experiences full of inspiration for the closet, home, and soul. Join a DIY Painted Denim Workshop, peek behind the scenes of Seattle’s fashion influencers with virtual closet tours, find favorite fashion films, and more.
“It’s no secret that many of us are in need of some color and creativity in our closets and in our homes,” said Stephanie Heick, vice president marketing, retail services at Madison Marquette which owns and manages Pacific Place. “With this lineup of events and offerings, we hope to connect the community with a sense of comradery, and possibly inspire a new look for the home, beauty regimen, or wardrobe.”
Here are some great virtual fashion experiences for Seattleites this September.
Virtual Closet Tours: Pacific Place has partnered with Seattle creatives to give behind the scenes tours to show how local style experts handle wardrobe curation and organization, peek at this season’s trends, timeless classics, and more. The series will kick off Wednesday, September 2nd with a new tour each week and continue with new guests monthly through December.
- September 9: Antonio Smith @AntonioCDSmith, Social Lifestyle, and Travel Influencer and Founder of Seattle Gents.
- September 16: Asa Herrman @laceandpearlsblog, Jewelry Designer @laceandpearlsjewelry and blogger at Lace & Pearls.
- September 23: Lisa Cole @westfultonstreet, Fashion & Style Writer for Vanguard Seattle, Style Influencer.
DIY Workshops will feature local experts sharing casual, interactive tutorials.
- September 10: Tabletop Florals Workshop with Holly Yee @hollyyeefloralarchitecture. Floral architect Holly Yee will share creative and stylish ways to add flowers to the dining table. Tune in for how to design in kitchenware vessels and food containers, food, and flower arrangements, and elevating arrangements off the table.
- September 24: DIY Painted Denim with Kirsty @thekirstyfiles and Jenn @whatjennwore. Friends and style influencers Kirsty and Jenn will share steps and inspiration on transforming denim pieces into artistic must-haves in your wardrobe for fall.
Each workshop will launch at 9:00 am via PacificPlaceSeattle.com/events, Facebook, IGTV, or YouTube. Followers on Pacific Place’s social pages will also have opportunities to enter-to-win for fun prizes throughout the month including restaurant gift cards, beauty packs, apparel or accessories.
Those searching to snap up fall trends can keep an eye on special sales, top trend lists and deals at the Pacific Place E-Shop or in person. Pacific Place reopened for business beginning June 6, 2020, with new signage and experiences to support safe and distanced shopping and dining. Some restaurants continue to provide delivery services as well; for a list of updated openings and services visit www.pacificplaceseattle.com.