Lend a helping hand with your stomach.
Last week’s earthquake and tsunami impact on our neighbors over the Pacific has hit close to home. Relief has been rallying from all corners and specifically in one of our favorite fashions – through our stomachs. Check out the ways around town you can appease your appetite for both food and charity.
- Picnic | Today only (3.17.11) | Phinney Ridge | 6801 Greenwood Ave N | 206.453.5867 ::: $20 tasting fee is encouraged, 100% of tasting fees and portion of day’s sales benefit ShelterboxUSA.org.
- Fuji Bakery | Today (3.17.11) until Saturday (3.19.11) | International District | 526 S. King Street | 206.623.4050 & Bellevue | 1502 145th Pl SE | 425.641.5050 ::: 5% of profits to benefit the Seattle Japan Relief.
- Fresh Bistro | Today (3.17.11) until Sunday (3.20.11) | West Seattle | 4725 42nd Ave | 206.935.3733 ::: 5% of profits benefit the American Red Cross.
- Boat Street Café | Monday, March 21st, 5pm-10pm | Queen Anne | 3131 Western Ave #301 | 206.632.4602 ::: All proceeds will be donated to the family of Sachie Mikawa, devoted employee and longtime friend of Boat Street Cafe. Entrance fee is $25 with food and drinks and an eclectic auction.
- Moshi Moshi | Tuesday, March 22nd | Ballard | 5324 Ballard Ave NW | 206.971.7424 ::: 50% of profits for the evening will benefit the restaurant’s sushi chef, Nic Miura, and his family.
- Garage Billiards | Saturday, March 26th | Capitol Hill | 1130 Broadway Court | 206.322.2296 ::: Bowling benefit from 3pm-6pm, $100 per team of 5 players with a silent auction and raffle items; proceeds benefit the American Red Cross.
- Dish It Up! | Thursday, March 31st | Ballard | 5320 Ballard Ave NW | 206.971.0400 ::: Expert sushi personality and Chef Hajime Sato of Mashiko will lead a sushi rolling class at the interactive kitchen store. Registration is $85, with $20 of it going to the American Red Cross.
- Issian | Now until the end of March | Wallingford |1618 N 45th St | 206.632.7010 ::: 100% of profits from $3 Miso soup benefit the American Red Cross.
- Wednesday, April 6th ::: Red, White, Unite, a booster for Peace Winds America, has signed on Chiso, I Love Sushi, Kisaku, Rover’s, Sushi Kappo Tamura and Ethan Stowell Restaurants to donate 10% of their sales that day.
Ongoing options to give your support:
- Uwajimaya is excepting donations at all locations.
- Texting REDCROSS to 90999 will set you up for a $10 donation.
- LivingSocial.com will match each $5 donation through their daily offer to the American Red Cross, for up to a total contribution of $2 million.