Meet, dance, listen, create, play.
SAM Remix returns, and it’ll be a celebration of summer among Sam Vernon’s site-specific installation, How Ghosts Sleep (Seattle): Hive and the Olympic Sculpture Park collection during a special evening of performances, tours, art-making, and dancing under the stars. SAM Remix is always a fun event, but this month’s event will be even better as it will be outside at Olympic Sculpture Park. We all know Seattle summers are the best around.
- WHEN: Friday, August 21st / 8:00 pm – midnight
- WHERE: Olympic Sculpture Park
- TICKET INFO: SAM Members: $12 / Adults: $25
For our readers, we have a special discount code: twitterremix0821 for $5 off tickets!
Get your tickets here.
THE NIGHT’S ACTIVITIES:
- Dance under the stars to soul, funk, and original grooves with OCNotes
- Keep moving all night long to hip-hop and pop beats with DJ Josai
- Experience a psychedelic, fantastical journey with modern day oracle Queen Shmooquan
- Grab some space on the lawn and take in your weekly dose of cats with The Internet Cat Video Festival
- Get surprised by two super-secret bands brought by, Seattle Secret Shows
- Share your creative side with art activities lead by local performers and teaching artists
RECOMMENDATIONS: Eat beforehand and buy your tickets online ASAP (it’s a popular event and will definitely sell out). It will be a fun night with people watching, live music, great exhibits. Grab your crew and get some tickets!
Photo by Robert Wade.
SAM Remix | Olympic Sculpture Park: Grounds & Pavilion | August 21, 2015