On Saturday, May 11th, Benaroya Hall will host a one-night only concert featuring ten grand pianos and ten amazing pianists to promote the musical arts for students in Washington state and we have a pair of tickets to give away (valued at $162). Ten Grands, inspired by the vision of Portland composer/pianist Michael Allen Harrison, will benefit Seattle Symphony’s educational programs to provide music education and experiences to youth and members of at-risk and low-income communities. Proceeds specifically fund:
- Performing arts lessons for members of targeted groups, including underserved children
- Musical instruments and materials for members of targeted groups, including at-risk and low income segments
- Production/travel costs to assist young musicians’ participation in concerts and competitions
- Multi-generational and multi-cultural interaction in artistic productions
- Underwriting for performances by youth groups
- Scholarships for music education for school age musicians
Musicians play a variety of classical, jazz, blues, gospel, boogie woogie, pop, and contemporary music. Artists at this family-friendly event play simultaneously, in various combinations, and individually. Approximately 1,500 long-stemmed roses from the dramatically lit, multi-tier stage are donated to Evergreen Washelli Cemetery and, thanks to ROTC volunteers, are placed on individual headstones at its Veterans Memorial Cemetery the morning after the concert.
ENTER TO WIN:
- Step 1: Sign up for our email newsletter (we send one twice a month)
- Step 2: Follow us on Instagram
- (Optional): bonus entries for every friend you tag on this post
Winner will be contacted via email on Friday, May 3.