Let Lisa Dupar Catering coordinate the big meal. You just worry about the leftovers.
Let’s be honest: there’s a lot of pressure to deliver the goods on Turkey Day. For many of us, the holidays are our busiest time of the year — and try as we might, there just aren’t enough hours in the day to orchestrate a proper Thanksgiving Day spread. What’s a busy young professional to do?
“Thank”fully, Lisa Dupar Catering and Pomegranate Bistro have us covered with Turkey A-Go-Go, an extravagant feast arranged by professional chefs. Every year, Chef Dupar — an award-winning chef and author with more than 30 years of culinary experience — and her crew log some serious hours to prepare a smörgåsbord of delicious fixin’s, and 2011 is no exception. Here is this year’s mouth-watering menu:
- Crisp romaine, watercress & endive (with dried cranberries & maple dressing)
- Pumpkin, sweet potato & pecan soufflé
- Oven-caramelized cipollini onions
- Baby carrots & haricort vert
- Orange cranberry sauce
- Yukon Gold country mashers
- Southern drop biscuits (with honey butter)
- Lisa’s roasted free-range turkey (please advise if you would like whole or carved), with house sausage & chantrelle stuffing and rich herbed gravy
- Your choice of the following pies with spiced whipped cream: chocolate Bourbon pecan, sweet potato chiffon, local organic pumpkin and yakima pear & apple with crumb top (additional pies may be purchased for $21.90 each)
- Meal prices can be viewed online
This year, the menu also includes a pair of hand-picked Northwest wines to complement the meal: 2007 McCrea Cellars Ciel du Cheval Vineyard Roussanne ($20.81 per bottle) and 2009 Cottonwood Winery “Marina Piper” Pinot Noir ($24.09). Bottles of Nicholas Feuillatte Champagne ($29.57) are also available. Please note that wine is extra, and not included in the original meal price.
Orders with payment must be placed at least 48 hours in advance, and all meals must be picked up at Pomegranate Bistro by 12 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, Nov. 24). Please call Trang Le at (425) 881-3250 to place an order.