Southern Italian restaurant serves “End of the World” menu on opening day.
In the footsteps of Tilth and Golden Beetle, James Beard Award-winning chef Maria Hines will open Agrodolce in Fremont on December 21st. The menu will focus on certified organic Southern Italian fare with an emphasis on Sicilian cuisine.
Agrodolce will be open for dinner nightly, with lunch, weekend brunch, and nightly happy hour to follow in the coming months. The menu will feature sustainable and organic local products. A small portion of goods essential to Italian food will be imported from Italy, such as sustainable olive oil and Sicilian pistachios and almonds.
The menu takes inspiration from Maria’s recent travels to Sicily where she visited markets, chefs, restaurants and sustainable food producers. The menu will focus largely on handmade pasta, which Maria has been producing for six years at her award-winning restaurant, Tilth, and has received noteworthy acknowledgements for.
Agrodolce pasta specialties will include:
- Ricotta Stuffed Fagottini with black truffle butter, marjoram and garlic;
- Spaghetti with Skagit River Ranch Sugo, Hot pepper and Red Wine
- Handcut Tagliarini with Sicilian pistachio, sweet myrtle and pecorino.
Other Sicilain inspirations from Maria’s trip will include:
- Housemade Burrata with Cylindrical Beets, Citrus Honey Gastrique and Mint
- Arancini with Skagit River Ranch beef, tomato and carnaroli Rice
- Bucatini with pine nuts, sardine, Wild Fennel and Golden Raisin
- Rice Croquettes with Citrus Honey and Vanilla Bean;
- Lamb Meatballs with Dried Currants, Grilled Radicchio and Onion Marmalade
Save room for dessert!
- Housemade Limoncello Sorbetto with Lemon-Thyme and Candied Fennel
- Theo Chocolate Budino with Pizzelle cookie, Whipped Cream and Mint
Agrodolce | 709 N 35th St. Seattle