All the meat and cheese your heart desires
Calling all charcuterie fans! Previously only held in Canada, The Cheese & Meat Festival is finally making its US debut with Seattle hosting its first stop at McCaw Hall! As of late, artisan shops have proliferated across the Pacific Northwest, creating a boon of variety for gourmands without recourse to disseminate them all. Luckily, the showcase will exhibit both international and local meats and cheeses in an enjoyably experiential tasting format. Additionally, it will grant epicureans the opportunity to explore the often intimidating task of pairing food with beer, wines, and ciders. Even those well-versed in the art of carefully selecting charcuterie and drinks may learn something new for their next dinner party!
“The festival gives attendees the ability to learn about new cheeses, meats and pairings while tasting the product itself. The vast array of food they taste gives attendees sense of that next charcuterie board build,” said Dave Bain, Cheese and Meat Festival Producer. “It also allows mom and pop shops to showcase their homemade recipes, and gain marketing exposure they would not be able to afford before.”
The Cheese & Meat Festival will consist of two tasting sessions with seminars scheduled between each tasting, featuring cheese and meat creations, pairings, and unique offerings. Upon entry to McCaw Hall, attendees will be given an adorable mini charcuterie board to arrange their multiple samples. Gastronomes are encouraged to take note of their favorites and pick them up at the on-site store on the way out.
Proceeds from the festival will go towards creating a support program focused on healthy living to educate and aid patrons as well as low-income or at risk mothers in the community, while generating engagement with local vendors.
Tickets go on sale Wednesday, February 1st at 9:00 am. The Cheese & Meat Festival has sold out at their Canadian locations in the past, so get tickets while you can as this event is highly anticipated. Vendors will be announced soon.
// EVENT DETAILS //
- WHERE: McCaw Hall, 321 Mercer St
- WHEN: Saturday, April 29th
- Afternoon tasting: 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Evening tasting: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- TICKETS: $55
- Each festival pass grants you access to all food, liquor, tea and coffee samples for the value of the ticket
- Full glasses of liquor can be purchased in the festival’s lounge
- Level up to the Super Pass for $150 for entry to both sessions plus seminars
- Note: Prices do not include service fees and taxes
- 21+ event and valid Washington State approved photo ID is required for entry, no exceptions
Buy your tickets here.