We recommend regular periodic doses.
The Callahans have been in the cider business for a year, practically making them veterans in the exploding field of cider. This couple wants to make drinkable beverages—not novelty items that just sit in the fridge for people to chuckle over at dinner parties—ciders that are not overly sweet and have character. Brian and Christina have been re-imagining and revamping themselves from their wine making and catering days, creating a posh brew pub. Some updates include a freshly scoured and gutted kitchen to make it completely gluten free, refurbished their taproom to be classic and comfortable, and are bringing out crazy (good) varieties of cider.
Be on the look out for new things coming out of this cidery in the heart of the Woodinville Warehouse District. They have one of the few kitchens of all the wineries, breweries, and distilleries in the area and they are taking great care in putting out a menu that is pleasing to all folks, including those who may be gluten sensitive or vegetarian (think paninis, small plates, and sweets). We are most stoked for their chickpea and avocado dip! They will also have a Digital Pour system so that you can see what is on tap in real time!
Come down with your dog, check out the new glassware, and try some exceptional cider.
THE CIDERS (Our favorites are in bold):
- Spiced – Subtle cinnamon, cloves and allspice. Drinks like a dry with OOMPH!
- Pomegranate – Crisp and refreshing! Pom flavor slides in rather than envelopes.
- Cherry – Bing cherry flavor with pleasant bubble levels.
- Grapefruit – (think a cider version of Schöfferhöfer) A bit tart but lacks pucker of typical grapefruit juice.
- Jalapeño Lime Cilantro – Nose is earthy pepper, comes onto the pallet with touch of herbiness, but brings the citrus lime and sweet apple flavor to make this AMAZING!!! You’re gonna want to have some chips and guac with this one as well as a growler to take some home with you. It sounds crazy, but trust us, it’s freaking great.
- Traditional Dry – Crazy dry with champagne and ale yeast to give it the mouthfeel of fuzzies on your teeth. “Pub cider” is what they may end up calling it because of its distinctly English cider flavor.
- Root Beer – Cider-based-root-beer. EXACTLY as it sounds but more refreshing. Best hard root beer we’ve ever had.
- Pear – Clear and refreshing. Not cloying or sickly sweet. Incredible.
- Spiced – Fall spices make it reminiscent of strudel or pie.
TASTING ROOM HOURS: Saturdays and Sundays 1:00 – 5:00 pm.
- October 24 (tomorrow!): Guest Tap Party with PostDoc Brewing with swag giveaways and live band, The Oh’Reallys
- October 31: Halloween Party with costumes and a live band
Photos by Jered Perez & Kelsey Uy.
Elemental Hard Cider | 19501 144th Ave NE, Woodinville | (425) 877 – 1842